(Part 1 of ramblings can be found here, which is dated all the way back in August.)
1. First of all, I would like to thank to those who wrote nice and encouraging comments on my previous entry. I will definitely take the advices and continue blogging. I’m here because I need to do what I love; having fun writing about my Padres. Even though I did not make it on top 100 for 2009 (Which sounds very, very ridiculous.), I will not back down. This should be a minor slump.
2. I recieved a comment from a fellow Padres fan who wrote this on my previous entry as well:
David Eckstein sucks.
Excuse me?! I still can’t believe this came from a fellow Friar Faithful. If you’ve been reading this blog, you should know by now that David Eckstein is my favorite player that I adore so much. It is obviously a plus that this person is a Padres fan. However, I can’t let David Eckstein garbage talk part slide. That was so rude and disrespectful and it was literally like a big slap in my face.
Eck has the word “grit” all over his face. I like this guy a lot because he works hard every single 162 games. He is a type of player that any team would want. He has two World Series ring and plus he was a World Seires MVP with the Cardinals couple of years ago.
Like I mentioned about 13274239012 times, he’s the most experienced player in the Padres and 2010 will be his 10th year in the majors. I don’t care if he’s the oldest out of the bunch. He looks young for his age anyway. I love the energy he brings to this club. He has a ton of energy for a little guy and that is definitely a true example of a true baseball player.
Oh, and this guy knows who I am. He even gave me a big hug when I went to a Padres game.
So therefore, David Eckstein does not suck. End of story.
3. Padres signed 41-year-old Matt Stairs to a minor league deal.
He is obviously a well-experienced vetran and having him is excellent for a very young club. This trade should not and will not hurt us. He did a great job with the Phillies as a backup and a strong backup is what we need. Our bench players have not been very great for last couple of years. I hope Matt Stairs can really bring something to the Padres when he plays in the majors throughout the regular season. It will be exciting to see him wearing a Padres uniform. Hey, he even lost 30 pounds during the offseason so far! Did he use Wii Fit like what Heath Bell did?
4. Relief pitcher Mike Adams avoided arbitration, so which means he will come back in 2010 season.
He is an amazing pitcher with very good numbers. Great move by the front office and I’m glad he’s back with us. The only problem with him is that he gets injured often. As long as he stays healthy throughout spring training and regular season, he should be a solid pitcher once again.
5. Padres Fan Fest will be in 20 days! I cannot wait to see my boys again. I miss all of them so much. There is no information about the Fan Fest whatsoever on the Padres website and I need to know as soon as possible.
6. I want Padres bobbleheads. Fortunately, there will be Padres bobbleheads as promotion, I believe. Seriously, David Eckstein, Kyle Blanks, Everth Cabrera, Chase Headley and Clayton Richard bobbleheads are going to be full of win.
7. I cracked over 900 comments, 20 on my previous entry, which is a new record! Now I have 920. Thank you guys so much for coming back here!
8. “Hell’s Bells” is playing on my iTunes right now. I miss Trevor Hoffman.
9. (The following two are not about the Padres nor baseball.)
San Diego Chargers epically lost to the New York Jets last Sunday. I missed church for a lousy game. Not good at all. Chargers as a team did not look sharp at all. Nate Kaeding was obviously a black hole while rest of the teammates got cr*p load of penalties, quarterback Philip Rivers threw couple of interceptions, etc. The game aggravated me so much! Now that Jets kicked us out of the playoffs, I will definitely not root for them. I would rather pick the Colts over the Jets if I had too.
My picks are:
AFC: Colts over Jets
NFC: Saints over Vikings
Super Bowl: Saints over Colts
Saints are my last hope. If they fail to impress me, Super Bowl is going to be boring.
10. I mastered LT Dance. Seriously.